Hello everyone, after two months of writing and drawing, the second issue of my zine Vaults of Vaarn has been released!
Issue #2 Includes:
- Information and background on the city of Gnomon: what it looks like, how it feels to walk through its streets, and why your players might visit the city.
- Seven major NPCs who influence the city’s politics. Brief, evocative information on their appearance, personality, and desires.
- Guidance on how to use all seven major NPCs as either allies or antagonists for the players. No set narratives – just tools to create conflicts.
- Seven major factions, one linked to each major NPC. They run the gamut from water-hoarding militias and clandestine cannibal cults to sun worshippers and gladiator lawyers.
- Information on how the factions operate, how players might join them, and guidance on playing the factions against one another.
- Generator tables for creating merchant cartels, noble houses, taverns, pit fighting arenas, philosopher’s guilds, gangs of criminals, and religious orders. Each comes with a custom-built drama table that can help you create stories at your gaming table.
- Street encounters, mercenaries for hire, and randomly generated Vaarnish meals.
- Further story hooks to help you flesh out an ongoing campaign set in the city.